Data de início: 03-05-2017
Data de fim: 30-06-2017
Duração: 2 mes(es)
Data limite de candidatura: 01-04-2017
Subsídio mensal (Dinheiro de bolso): 105 €
Resumo: The host organization is a nonprofit organization which was founded in 2005 with an ethical commitment in an attempt to develop the lives of people with intellectual disabilities and their families by providing support and opportunities and to promote their social inclusion as a citizen of community with full of justice and solidarity.
The host organization works with 200 adult people with intellectual disabilities. The services and programs developed by the host organization include: occupational center, daily center, family, health care, physical therapy, psychology, housing services, social work, training, occupational therapy, transportation and dining, sports, leisure and recreation activities, volunteering, summer vacations, etc.
The project is a mobility programme for young people. The object of this European Voluntary Service is to make a contribution to the quality of lives of people with intellectual disabilities and promote their social inclusion along with the participation of volunteers to different activities, programs and services. The duties of volunteers have been specifically structured as being supportive collaborators in various activities, programs and services held by the organization such as occupational and day-care center, sociocultural and leisure time activities, sports and summer vacations. Besides, volunteers will be fully orientated and supported in order to develop their own initiatives in the host organization.
By participating in this project, European volunteers will discover interests, worries, needs and hobbies of these adult people with intellectual disabilities and seize a chance to learn how to support them in every aspect of life. At the same time, they will get to know themselves better in a peaceful environment away from the commotion of
city life, become familiar with a new culture and language, see how an organisation concerning people with intellectual disabilities functions and have a good time with intellectually disabled people.
Perfil: - Person motivated by the work with adult people with intellectual disability.
- Person with a social conscience and of promotion of the equality. Open minded.
- With a good attitude towards learning.
- Person with flexibility and adaptability capacity
- Hard worker.
- With basic Spanish language knowledge.
- Good at team working.
Tarefas: Occupational Centre service and Daily Centre: Getting know and support in daily life activities in mentioned services: as the work presented by users, supports they need to work, personal relationships with users, work habits,
- Residential center: Getting know what is the daily work in the residence and how are the Intellectually disabled people supported to maintain as independent as possible lives to their personal care (dress, meals, etc) home life (care of the sheets, set and clean the table, sweep the dining room, go to the post office, other secretarial errands), personal relationships, etc.
- Sport activities: Energizig and giving support to disable people in sport training and competitions like boules, basketball, traditional games, hiking, swimming, etc. Sports activities are performed in different places in Aragon region. It takes place one or two Saturdays per months.
- Leisure time activities: Energizing and giving support to disable people in leisure time activities such as going to the bar, various workshops, visitingdifferent places, celebrations, birthdays, etc. Everything is organized
according to the users' personal interests. The activities will be in the village. It takes place one or two Saturdays per months.
- Holiday program. One week at the beach or in the mountain with a group of people with intellectual disabilities. The task of volunteers is to give needed support and enjoy with them. The activities will be in a Spanish region.
- Support in the promotion and awareness of volunteering in the town or towns in the province through dissemination of information, participation in workshops, lectures, mass media, etc.
- Other activities can be suggested by European volunteers according their interests and abilities and Kalathos foundation possibilities.
Documentação: CV + Motivation Letter