Data de início: 01-09-2017
Data de fim: 30-06-2018
Duração: 10 mes(es)
Data limite de candidatura: 30-04-2017
Financiamento: Financiamento por aprovar
Subsídio mensal (Dinheiro de bolso): 105 €
Resumo: The aims of the school are:
• to have a constant attention for natural learning, based on the experiences and world of interest of the child, keeping in mind the established development goals and school terms.
• to work together, based on cooperative and democratic consultation instead of one sided authority. Children are one of the three stakeholder groups in our school. This way, we want to stimulate independency in children.
• to experiment and learn-by-doing instead of applying rules and regulations, because the learning effect is much larger when a child can convert self-discovered material into new relations.
• to work usefully and functionally. Working useless in a school leads to following without thinking and a lack of satisfaction.
Perfil: Age: 17-30
Tarefas: The tasks of the volunteer will evolve from practical help in the classroom to the setting up of a specific project. The velocity of this evolution will depend on the growing language and practical skills of the volunteer. The volunteer will be assisting in classes of toddlers or primary school children, depending on the level of Dutch.
The volunteer will:
- Assist in mainly one classroom (depending on the language level). This can be individual guidance of children who can’t follow the lessons as good as the others. It can also be to assist when the teacher is using a method where they need assistance, for example when they want to do an educational game to teach them something; then the volunteer can help in preparing this and guide it. It can also be to help with the classes when they are drawing, making something creative, or doing work-shops, such as drama and theatre or teaching them new songs.
- Take part in out-door activities with the children: go swimming with them, excursions, thematical workshops,… For example, going to the forest in autumn to learn about this season, going to a museum and they have interactive workshops, going to a theatre or a movie and later in class having a de-briefing about it, going to the seaside and learn about the typical vegetation there, going for a week somewhere together…
- Next to that, the volunteer will organize own activities and workshops, depending on the interests of the volunteer. For example, to set up a project about her home country, to teach the children about the differences and similarities between cultures. A lot of time of the volunteer’s work will go to this aspect.
Documentação: CV + Motivation Letter + Application Form
Download: Application form EVS.docx