Data de início: 01-10-2017
Data de fim: 30-09-2018
Duração: 12 mes(es)
Data limite de candidatura: 30-04-2017
Subsídio mensal (Dinheiro de bolso): 60 €
Resumo: The host Association it’s a noprofit apolitical organisation which was founded by a group of teachers, roma activists and roma students from the county, in the south-west part of Romania in 2008.
The aim of the association is to decrease the economical, social, educational and cultural differences in the society.
The objectives of the association are:
- To develop activities which promote the democracy;
- To promote the tolerance, the diversity and the equal chances in the society;
- To create community preventing programs to fight against prejudices towards roma people;
- To increase the organizational capacity of roma people;
- To help roma communities develop their own competences and abilities to resolve problems;
- To develop professional activities, social, cultural, economic and civic commitment.
The project objectives are:
1. To promote inclusion and scholastic participation of the Roma kids using nonformal education methods in 2 schools
2. To develop involvement and volunteering increasing the number of local volunteers involved in our local activities up to 40 young people
3. To offer the opportunity to 10 foreign volunteers to learn to work with Roma young people, young people coming from ghetto communities and young volunteers from the city.
4. To develop the skills of coordinating and organizing educational, civic and inclusive activities with volunteers for the 10 EVS volunteers involved into this project
5. To develop the initiative and self-confidence for the 10 EVS volunteers and the 40 local volunteers involved in this project.
Perfil: • aged between 18 and 30 years;
• enthusiastic and eager to learn more about inclusion, civic involvement and volunteering
• english knowledge, at least the minimum bases, to be able to communicate with the staff and the other volunteers;
• ability to work in teams;
• to be open minded and sociable;
• minimum knowledge about non formal education
• minimum knowledge about voluntary work
• have minimum knowledge about civic involvement and participation
• tolerant and able to work in poor communities
• want to work with youngsters and take part to educational inclusive activities
Priority will be given to Roma young people, disabled young people, immigrants, young people which come from disadvantaged background and to young people which quit school.
Tarefas: The main activities in which the volunteers will be involved for 12 months are:
- weekly activities in 3 schools from the disadvantaged communities using nonformal education methods whith the aim to make school more attractive for kids (primary and secondary school). The activity will be done in teams of two people
- Weekly activity with our local volunteer’s forum theater, civic activities, dance, music
- Monthly activities to promote EVS and volunteering and recruit new volunteers
- Weekly activity to promote languages Language cafee
- Involvement in our office work (2 days/ week) online promotion for our projects, field work for the research activities developed by the association,
- Mentoring two local volunteers
- projects of the volunteer’s individual or in teams which to promote civic involvement, participation, volunteering and tolerance in Resita once every 3 months.
- English class with our local volunteers
Have in mind that the activities of the project can be adapted also according to your proposals if they fit whit the project objectives.
Condições: Acomodation conditions: the volunteers will be accommodated in a rented flat in single or double rooms.
Transportation: the Erasmus plus transportation rules will be respected.
Food: the volunteers will have access to a kitchen and each week they will receive an amount of money for food.
Documentação: CV + Motivation Letter