Data de início: 01-06-2017
Data de fim: 01-09-2017
Duração: 3 mes(es)
Data limite de candidatura: 27-04-2017
Subsídio mensal (Dinheiro de bolso): 105 €
Resumo: The mission and purpose is to defend basic rights and manage resources for the PEOPLE WITH INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES AND THEIR FAMILIES, always guided by the principles of social inclusion and standards.
Assumes as its own principles and values defended by FEAPS Associative movement: the consideration of the person with intellectual disabilities as subjects of rights and duties, the importance of families, total quality in the action of organizations and interest in all people with intellectual disabilities.
In order to achieve their ends, the following activities can be performed:
• Exercise any action in defense of the rights of people with intellectual disabilities and their families.
• Establish concerts, conventions, program and contracts with individuals and legal entities for the development of activities and services for beneficiaries.
• Contributing to the training of specialists in these fields, through collaborative projects with all types of universities, scientific institutes or any other institutions or public or private foundations.
• Programs aimed at creating and / or maintenance of employment for people with disabilities and improving their working conditions.
• Education and / or vocational training.
• Programs that encourage the development of cultural, recreational and sporting activities.
• Research programs and application of new technologies to the field of disability.
• Programs designed to support associative movements.
• Programs to remove barriers.
• Organize conferences, exhibitions, seminars and other activities that allow increasing awareness among the public and government.
• Performance of publications, magazines, brochures and book publishing, whether on paper or any other computer media or technology of any material of interest for Persons with Intellectual Disability and their Families.
Perfil: -Young people with some maturity and sense of responsibility and compromise, wanting to work in a team.
-The volunteer has to be a person with capacity to exercise active listening and empathy.
- Young patients and highly motivated.
- At least basic knowledge of Spanish is highly recommended for the profile of our users and would greatly facilitate the integration of volunteers.
- Vocation for working with persons having mental disabilities.
- Volunteer able to transmit positive energy, positive attitude, entusiasthic person spreading joy and smiling.
- Sport competences
- Competences and/or attitude for leisure time activities to propose and be organized with the patients.
Tarefas: The EVS is a social project: we would like the volunteer to feel part of our team of workers from the beginning, by supporting the daily work realized in the association and by creating an intercultural atmosphere that will enrich both our professional team and our users, improving the quality of their life.
We are opened to any suggestions coming from the new volunteers. We would like to build a space of exchange of ideas and ways of doing, rich in experiences and where everyone can give and receive. Therefore, the volunteer will be determinant at the moment of deciding the activities that he/she wants to perform according with his/her interests. We expect the volunteer to develop his/her own creativity and ways of doing, that’s why he/she will be encouraged to start his/her own projects and activities inside the Center, like for example board games, garden games, basic motor activities, music, cinema, dance, activities in outdoor courts...
Documentação: Cv + Motivation Letter